- Data Protection Law requires Sevenoaks Vine Club (SVC) to ensure that individuals understand how their data is used. This privacy notice provides members with the key information in a simple and concise format.
- This Privacy Notice will be provided to you at the time your data is being obtained, if it is being obtained directly.
- Sevenoaks Vine Club (SVC) is the umbrella organisation which comprises Sevenoaks Hockey Club (SHC) and Sevenoaks Vine. Cricket Club (SVCC). SVC provides and runs the Club house for both organisations and promotes their sports within the Sevenoaks Community.
What data do we hold?
- Most of the information that we hold about members of the Vine Club is provided by you directly, when you first sign up for membership of the Vine Club Membership Rewards scheme. In signing up to this scheme you are consenting for us to record and store the minimum data we require to implement the scheme for members’ benefit.
- The types of information that we may collect includes:
- Contact details (e.g. name, address, email address and telephone number)
- Details of your membership with either Sevenoaks Hockey Club (SHC) or Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club (SVCC)
- Your official position in the club (Ordinary member, Vice President etc.)
- Biographical Details (e.g. your marital status and details of your partner and other family members)
- Your preferences – to enable us to connect and engage you in the ways that are most relevant to you.
How we use your data?
- Your data is used by us to administer the Vine Club Members’ Rewards scheme. These can include:
- Sending you details of the Vine club promotions (although more usually these mailings will come direct from your respective club, SHC or SVCC) but occasionally we may contact you directly.
- Addressing membership queries and change of contact details.
- Inviting you to events at SVC
- We will communicate with you by post, telephone, email, text or other electronic means (for example through social media) depending on your preferences.
Who do we share data with?
- The Vine Club will not share your data with any third-party organisation other than is necessary to run the membership rewards scheme.
- External organisations acting as agents for the club, for example software providers, New Horizon. Your data is held on the Point of Sale (POS) hard drive at the Vine which can be accessed remotely by New Horizon as well as our Membership Secretary and designated Rewards scheme Officer. New Horizons may hold a back-up copy of the membership data in case of a local system failure. Only authorised company personnel would have access to that data and such access is covered by their own GDPR requirements. We are Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant regarding credit card transactions via the Till and this includes declaring that we do not retain any card information.
How long do we retain your data?
8 . We will retain your data indefinitely for as long as your membership of the SVC continues but data will be destroyed once you leave SHC or SVCC (and therefore SVC) provided only that we are informed of your membership termination. We would strongly encourage members leaving to contact us directly to advise this at [email protected]
How do we protect your data?
- We take all appropriate measures to hold your data securely on the club’s database.
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties under any circumstances, or permit our software provider to sell on the data we have shared with them.
- We may in certain circumstances facilitate communication between individual members, but in doing so we do not release personal contact details without prior permission.
Our basis for processing & your rights
- Your data is used solely for the purposes of administering the SVC Membership Benefits scheme. In pursuit of this aim it is necessary to process your personal information, as such our lawful basis for our processing your data is “legitimate interest”. We may also process your data under either legal or contractual obligations. This Privacy Notice explains how the club processes and uses that data.
13. We will communicate with you via email until you request otherwise, and by phone, email and other electronic means in line with your current wishes.
14. You have the right to:
- Change your preferences at any time. If you wish to change how we communicate with you please contact the Vine Club Secretary at [email protected]
- Request copies of the personal data we hold about you and we will provide it within 30 calendar days (but may require one or two months further to complete complex requests). The club will be better able to respond quickly to smaller, targeted requests. If you wish to do so you should contact the club at the address above
- Erase or correct any information that is incorrect or inaccurate
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time, however this will only apply to certain groups of data for which you have given particular consent, not data used for legitimate interests. If you ask us to delete your data we will need, as a minimum to maintain a basic suppression record in order to uphold your wishes in future.
How can I complain?
- If you have a concern you should contact the Club at the address below.
- If you are not content with any response from the Club you can complain at any time about how the Club has handled your data to the Information Commissioner, although the ICO recommends that steps are taken to resolve the matter with the Club before involving the regulator. The ICO helpline is 0303 123 1113.
The Membership Secretary
Sevenoaks Vine Club
The Vine Pavilion