The Vine Club
The Sevenoaks Vine Club is the umbrella club supporting playing sections for both Cricket and Hockey in Sevenoaks. These playing sections are:
- The Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club
- The Sevenoaks Hockey Club
- The Sevenoaks Junior Hockey Club
On behalf of its sporting sections, the Sevenoaks Vine Club:
- Promotes and advertises the sports of cricket and hockey.
- Promotes and hosts flagship events such as the Vine Cricket Week and the Veteran’s Hockey Festival.
- Is the route by which prospective members contact the Club.
- Operates the Vine Pavilion including club house and bar.
- Holds the leases and/or title to the various facilities used by the playing sections.
- Prospective members contact the Club via the Sevenoaks Vine Club.
- Having selected their chosen sport or sports, they then follow the membership process for cricket or hockey sections (or both).
- New members also become members of the Sevenoaks Vine Club.
Welcome to the Sevenoaks Hockey Club. We are a thriving and lively Club, aiming to play Hockey at the highest level while also offering competitive or social hockey to all ages and abilities. Currently, we are running 19 adult teams comprising 11 regular Saturday Men's sides, of which 2 teams are Veterans, and 1 is a youth development squad and 8 regular Saturday Ladies teams, of which 1 is a youth development team.
Both our Ladies and Men’s 1st XIs teams play National League hockey, outdoors and indoors, with our Men competing in the England Hockey National Premier League.
The Club started early in 1912, with fifteen members forming a mixed team. Since 1963, our clubhouse has been at the Vine pavilion in partnership with the Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club as part of the Sevenoaks Vine Club. With all competitive hockey now played on astroturf, the Club has refurbished and manages the Hollybush Lane pitch. We also play at Knole Academy, Sevenoaks and Tonbridge Schools.
New members are always welcome whatever your playing level from beginner to international.
Whether you aspire to play in the National League, are returning to hockey after a long break, or are new to hockey, we would be delighted to hear from you. Just as important, we are a friendly, sociable club which offers enjoyable hockey for all ages and abilities! Juniors are eligible to play senior hockey from age 13 years and we have a fully integrated approach to developing our junior players, including via the Acorns teams, which are specifically aimed at bringing experienced hockey players and talented juniors together to play and develop in a competitive league environment.
Training and development are important throughout the Club and we take pride in the fact that several members of our current first XIs have come through our own junior and youth development systems.
Welcome to Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club. We are a Kent Premier League club with recent achievements as Champions of Kent, 2014 and Runners-Up in 2015.
We are a Clubmark accredited Focus Club, now part of the Chance to Shine programme, and play Kent Premier League cricket on one of the most historic grounds in the country with a heritage stretching back to 1734 and before. We are situated 50 yards from Sevenoaks High Street with fabulous views over the North Downs; a real sun-trap in the summer.
If you wish to play or to watch cricket in the Sevenoaks area then SVCC would be delighted to welcome you as a member. We welcome cricketers of all ages and abilities and there can be few better places for non-playing members to watch the game than at the historic Vine ground.