We are currently recruiting for a new Clubhouse Manager for Sevenoaks Vine Club.
The Sevenoaks Vine Club is the umbrella club supporting playing sections for both Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club and Sevenoaks Hockey Club. It is a CASC run by a voluntary committee. The Vine Pavilion, which is a Grade II listed building built in 1850 is rented by the Sevenoaks Vine Club on behalf of Sevenoaks Vine Cricket Club and Sevenoaks Hockey Club. The Vine Pavilion is the clubhouse for both the clubs and consists of a bar, function room, kitchen, three changing rooms and shower facilities.
We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to run the Sevenoaks Vine Pavilion clubhouse. The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the Vine. Duties include:
- Satisfying the needs of our customer by effectively leading the Clubhouse Operation, maintaining all operational standards and dealing with Committee, Member & customer queries and managing the Vine Club diary.
- Manage the bar including its stock, cleaning and the staffing of it.
- Manage the cleaning of the Vine as appropriate.
- The management and timetabling of external hires
- Ensuring that the Clubhouse (and bar and catering facility) is available for the Hockey and Cricket regular weekly events
- Ensuring that the Clubhouse (and bar and catering facility) is available for the Hockey and Cricket ad hoc requests for events e.g. mid-week opening
- Manage external caterers for events
- Identifying and managing repairs of the Clubhouse
- Liaising with Sevenoaks Town Council and other professional inspectors (e.g. fire, H&S) as required
- Be accountable for full compliance of H&S, Licensing, Loss Prevention and COVID-19 regulations being followed within the bar and clubhouse area
- Financial reporting to the Sevenoaks Vine Club committee.
- Identify new income generation opportunities for the committee to consider.
- Demonstrated experience at building local community relationships
- Ability to manage resources in line with targets
- Demonstrated experience to plan and prioritise workload for the role and the team
- Ability to manage P & L
- Ability to understand and analyse financial reports
- Cultivating a positive club and community culture
- Delegating effectively
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Planning, Problem Solving and Decision-Making.
- Hold a current personal licence or be willing to attain one.
- Have the ability/experience to handle different situations in a friendly and positive manner.
- Train and inspire your team to achieve the objectives set by the management team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Contract Terms Offered:
- Permanent post of 15-20 hours a week reporting to the Chairperson. Hours will be primarily at evenings and weekends. Please note during quiet periods, hours will need to be pooled to cover busier periods.
- Annual leave in line with statutory holiday pay to be taken at times mutually agreed
- Annual Salary: £22,000-£25,000 dependent on experience.
For further information contact Gavin Drescher, Chairman on email@example.com
To apply please send a CV and Covering Letter outlining how you meet the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th August 2021